It's funny how when you let go of what you thought you wanted, you end up getting exactly what you need. Life has a way of working it's self out. Weird.
"I like you, Jessica. I like you A LOT." It's like a beautiful symphony to my ears and more importantly, my heart. He makes me blush. He makes me nervous, but in a good way. He makes me smile just a little bit brighter with just being himself. I like him, I like him A LOT, too.
I can't believe it's August. State Fair starts in 2 weeks which means Summer is over in approximately 3. Why do Summers go way too fast and Winters way too slow? Possible positive side affect of a long cold winter, is I MAY just have someone to cuddle up with. I'm dwelling in those possibilities.
The short sale has been approved, now just small logistical things need to be worked out before closing happens. I have until August 26th to close, otherwise I risk losing my buyer and also that damn F word (Foreclosure) is more of a reality. I desperately need this chapter to be closed. Quite honestly, I don't know how I am functioning. I'm beyond feeling anything but anger, resentment, fear when it is surrounding anything to do with my Condo. It needs to be done. Now. I have decided that once everything is over with, I will be throwing myself a "Freedom Festival" party. People have open houses to celebrate their new home... I'm having a party because I will be getting out of mine. Seems appropriate.
I'm heading up to the lake Thursday-Monday. I'm really looking forward to spending time AWAY from the hustle and bustle of the city for a few days. I'm hoping for good weather so I can enjoy time on the water, although sleeping in a hammock while reading a book sounds pretty magical too. I will eat, drink, and be merry no doubt. Hope to catch up on some sleep too. This summer has been rather restless.
I'm learning the power of the word "No" and it feels amazing. For so many years, I thought I needed to please everyone by always saying "Yes." I didn't want to disappoint, hurt, or upset anyone. Truth is, I was only disapointing, hurting and upseting myself. It's empowering. This year has a been a year of firsts for me. I'm standing up for myself more and I can literally feel myself become emotionally stronger. Funny how when you think you are weak, truth is, you are actually very strong. I am eager to see what the next few months and years will bring. I have a strong feeling that my late 20's and early 30's are going to be all things fabulous! Yay!
1 comment:
Can't wait until we get more details on the Mystery Man! Have a great time at the cabin!
Post a Comment