Monday, February 8, 2010

How to be lovely


I read the following book this weekend:

Here are some great things and Audrey Hepburn quotes I took from reading this quick book...

Keep things in perspective

Expect less and you wont be disappointed

Be perfectly human

Live without regret

"What would be awful would be to die and look back misreably seeing the bad things, the opportunities missed or what could have been"

Do the best you can

Remember to relax

Eat well

Get plenty of Vitamin C

"We all want to be loved, don't we? Everyone looks for a way of finding love. It's a constant search for affection in every walk of life."

"Romantic love challenges us to become whole, the way nothing else will. We go into it thinking we'll learn about another person, secretly hoping for their stamp of approval. Instead, we end up learning the most about ourselves."

Be willing to get hurt

Mind the male ego

Know what to look for but yet know when to walk away.

"My father leaving left me insecure for life perhaps. I do think there are things and experiences in childhood that form you for the rest of your life."

Believe in miracles
Be present

"I had waited my whole life for the moment to have a child and it finally happened. I'm sure it is great when you are young, but I was 30 and the long wait made it all the sweeter."

No matter how you find them, a friend makes the world a much brighter place. Friends are your chosen family.

Be loyal

Love much, laugh often

Be kind

Listen well

Be genuine

Practice acceptance

Know the difference from being lonely and being alone

Find a peaceful place

Live simply

Be needed

Your heart should be the greatest gift you have to give, but don't be to quick to give it all away to a person who is recklace.

Yes, Miss Audrey Hepburn had an obvious physical beauty to her, but her heart was probably the most attractive. I highly recommend reading this little book. Some great quotes, pictures and all around life lessons.

1 comment:

Lynnea said...

Thanks for the recommendation! This book looks really interesting.