As of this morning, I closed my Plenty of Fish account all because of this email I received from another fish:
"Hi... your friend in one of your pictures is hot, is she single?"
It's hard to remain positive about dating and finding a good guy when you get an upsetting email like this. I hate complaining about being single and how much I wish I could find a great guy, fall in love and get married but damn it... I'm ready!!! I've been ready for a long time now and the older I'm getting, the more panicked I am that it's not going to happen.
I just needed to vent. Tonight I will be getting a McDonald's Supersize Big Mac Meal, Chocolate Malt, and sit around and feel sorry for myself. Tomorrow will be a new day, a better day, and hopefully Mr. Right will go ahead and find me already.
3 comments:
Girl, that guy is nothing but a jack ass and you need to take it as that. Please don't dwell on one person and let them ruin your day/week. You are an amazing person and you need to focus on you and being the most fabulous person you can be. The more fabulous you feel, the more people will notice you!! Obviously your coworkers and boss have noticed your fabulous skills and attitude you bring to work everyday. Keep your chin up and stand tall, you are a great person!!
It's not just the email guy... it's all the guys I seem to attract or come across. They all more or less are jack asses. I still try to keep a positive attitude, smile, make initiative etc... but it seems like they don't even notice me. I blend in with the rest of the crowd. I don't stand out. When it comes to dating or putting yourself "Out there," you have to sell yourself. Prove that you are worth dating or getting to know better. I find it hard just to be me, because being me doesn't seem to be good enough or good enough to get me noticed. It just sucks... I feel like Charlotte in Sex and the City "I've been dating since I was fifteen! I'm exhausted! Where is he?" I'm trying to learn to be happy and accept my singleness as is but it's hard to do when your heart just longs for so much more. Marriage, family, kids etc... maybe it's time for me to readjust my dreams?
What an idiot that guy is - not a lot of tact, that is for sure. Be glad he gave his personality away in that one comment vs. dating him and finding out later.
Post a Comment