A new year, a new beginning, a new chapter I am so ready and eager to open. Usually the fear of the unknown paralyzes me, however I have never been more excited for a New Year than I am for this one.
Here are some things I plan to work on in the coming year and also some things I am looking forward to:
Attending Church More: I don't think you necessarily need to go to Church every Sunday to be considered a "Good Christian" but this is something that I have been lacking in my life. I will fully admit that I have turned my back on God, especially in the past 5 years and then I wonder why my life seems to be disarray 90% of the time?! Shame on me. I've been listening to that little voice inside my heart and have started attending Church again and reading scripture. Funny how God never turns His back on you and even when we turn away from Him. He remains the same and welcomes you back with open arms. I'm not going to say that I'm completely healed from all the pains in my life. In fact, right now I still feel so icky. I am broken in more ways than one but I have complete faith that soon I will be back to the Miss Jess that everyone loves and more importantly, the Jess that people WANT to be around. I don't even like my own company and can't imagine my friends and loved ones enjoy it either. It feels good to have this part of my life back but still feel like a fish out of water. I'm trying to find some air along with finding my way, again. I plan to continue to attend Church and seek out other Churches close by and hopefully find my perfect home and become a member.
Volunteer: Not because I need to, but because I want to. Animals have always been important part of my life. As painful as it will be to volunteer at the Humane Society, I think it's important for me to give my time, love, and attention to animals who desperately need it. Just pray that I don't end up going home with 10 cats and 10 dogs. Sigh. Have I mentioned that my absolute dream is to open up a Pet Rescue/Pet Daycare?! Winning a multi million dollar Powerball would be so helpful in accomplishing that dream! I guess in order to win, I should play. I can think of better things to spend my money on than the Powerball.
I turn the big 3-0 in June!! I think I may be the only one in my group of friends who is actually looking forward to this milestone. I'm so ready to bid farewell to my 20's. Though there were some good times, it was mostly filled with painful growing pains and many difficult lessons learned. I can honestly say that there isn't anything in the last decade that makes me say "Man, that was awesome... can I do that again?!" Nope. Not even a little bit. I don't think I am bitter or jaded because of it either. I like to say that I'm "seasoned" when it comes to life. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger and I think I can say I've done a good job kicking butt when life has knocked me down. Here's hoping that the next decade will bring bigger, better, and brighter things! I think I'm overdue, no?
Another vacation? I sure hope so. I have a friend who lives in Hawaii and have been contemplating going and visiting her. Airfare is insane so I'm hoping that it will go down to a reasonable price and I will book. I have a sneaking suspicion that once I am there, I wont want to leave. I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if I just stayed there forever now, would it? Nope. I don't think so either.
Take a Creative Writing Class: I love to write. To me it's therapy. I have so many thoughts about many things in life and feel safe to say those things, here. I would love to take a creative writing class to expand my horizon's and tap into more creative thinking. I feel I still have so much I want to share but not quite sure how to go about putting my thoughts into creative words. I know there are several online classes available but I would really like to go to an actual physical class. Some days I miss school. I think being surrounded by similar peeps would be good for me. Thoughts? Suggestions? Wanna join me?!
Pay off all unnecessary Debt: Yes, I still have debt. Ugh. Up until now, I have just accepted that debt is going to be a part of my life forever. It doesn't have to be that way though. I have two credit cards I want to pay off, and also one student loan I want pay off this year. It's totally achievable if I discipline myself, stick to my budget, and follow through. I've done it before, and I know I can and will do it again.
Last but not least, I will continue to strive to be the best version of me I can be. I'm a work in progress and will never give up on myself, on my hopes, on my dreams.
This will be my last post of 2011. Merry Christmas to each and everyone of you who follow me publicly and also in secret. :) You all are such a blessing to me. Cheers to a very Happy and Bright New Year! The best is yet to come and I am confident that 2012 will be filled with wonderful things!
1 comment:
I've taken some writing classes at the Loft Literary Center downtown, and they were fantastic! I wish I could join you, but one of MY goals for 2012 is to not over-commit so often! Between teaching and working, I don't think I could swing it, but you should definitely go for it! :)
Post a Comment