E and I are playing on Kickball league. Cute, right? I haven’t played since I was in 6th grade. I feel like a total girl playing the sport but it’s a fun excuse to get off my butt on Monday nights and socialize. Also, another activity E and I can do together. The more time I am spending with him, the more I am realizing that we are just meant to be friends. Though I feel there is an attraction on both ends, some of the things he has said to me lead me to believe that we will remain in the friend zone, forever. I will admit that when E and I first started hanging out and spending time together, I had butterflies, and was super optimistic and hopeful that there could be something more. I am a tad sad that those feelings will never develop to anything more than what they currently are. I will say that I am proud of the way I handled this whole situation. I played my cards close to my chest. Let him in, but not completely in. I set up boundaries for myself and didn’t allow myself to fall too fast too soon. I listened to my heart but more importantly listened to my head. I’m sure there is a lot of disappointed peeps reading this hoping there could’ve been a different outcome. I’m right there with you, BUT… as I’ve said all along, if nothing else I am thankful that I have a great new friend in my life.
So here I am… still single, still fabulous, still searching for my hearts desire. I will continue to choose happiness. I will continue to be ME because I am good enough and someday, someone will come into my life and make me realize why it never worked out with anyone else. God’s plans are so much bigger and better than anything I ever could imagine. Holding onto to that truth.
Jeremiah 29:11
11 For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
God is good. All the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment