Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Puddles full of Promise

Spring has arrived. Today it is suppose to be 72 degrees and potential for 80 this weekend!! The snow is nearly gone. Lakes and rivers are starting to open up. Birds are so happy. Everyone you come across is smiling. It's amazing what the shift in weather can do with everyone's attitude. Miss Jess is VERY happy!

I got home from work yesterday and decided to skip my Zumba class and substitute it with a nice long walk. It was sunny and 60's yesterday. Pretty perfect. As I was throwing on my tennies, I get a text from "E"

E:"What a beautiful day!"

Me: "I'm just about to go for a walk, care to join me?"

E: "Would love to! Stop by when you're ready to head out."

Eeeeee. I had butterflies.

We went for a walk and talked. I got to know more about E and he got to know about me. It was nice. No pressure. Friendly. As we were walking I noticed that we were jumping over puddles. Jump, splish, jump, splash. It made me smile. Sometimes puddles can be filled with promise. A promise of a new friendship. A promise of many new beginnings. A promise of a new and brightly filled Spring.

2 comments:

Wendy said...

I love it :)

Farmgirl Paints said...

Love it girl. This made me tickled pink for you...oh and the nice weather is nice too;)