Monday, June 11, 2012

Summer sun, fight fun, and a big step.



Summer is here! It was 90's and Sunny this weekend which meant I was outside soaking up the rays! Not to worry... I used PLENTY of sunscreen.

Since last weekend was spent preparing, celebrating, and recovering from turning 30... I opted for a lower key weekend just lounging and sunning. It was perfect.

Saturday night, my work Husband asked me if I wanted to go watch the Big boxing  Pacquiao vs Bradley fight. I know nothing about boxing besides that it seems pretty barbaric and extremely dangerous but decided to go for the sake that it was better than sitting at home doing nothing.


Manny Pacquiao has a pretty amazing story. As he rose to fame, so did his addictions to drugs, alcohol, women. By God's good graces, he was able to change his life around. During his pre-fight interviews he kept referring to his faith and how his life is nothing without God in it. Before his match, his training crew, and family laid hands on him and prayed. When he got into the ring, he knelt down and prayed. He used an HBO paperview event as a platform to live out his faith. What a testimony!

Manny was favored to win. The stadium, and bar I was at were all rooting for him as well. Most people thought the fight would be over within a few rounds, but to everyone's surprise, it went the full 12. It was clear that Manny had won the fight, but the judges disagreed and gave the win to Bradley. Everyone was shocked, even Bradley! Manny remained cool, calm, and collected. He even said that though he felt he won the fight, he respected the judges decision. A re-match is almost guaranteed to happen in the future. I most likely will find a bar that is playing the event and cheer for him again. What can I say... I got sucked in, even if it is a barbaric sport.

Sunday morning I got a text from E asking me if I wanted to come over and meet his son and Brother who were in town for the weekend. I smiled, and agreed. To some, this may seem like no big deal. To me, it was a huge step. Even though E and I are still in the friends zone, the fact that he wants to introduce me to his family is such a great feeling, seeing as in all of my past relationships, I've always been kept a secret. After his brother and son headed back home, E and I headed to the beach at a near by lake. He talked, sunned ourselves and just enjoyed each others company. He's such a great guy which freaks me out, as I'm not use to nice guys. I'm use to not so nice guys. I'm still very curious if anything more is ever going to happen between us. The attraction is there, it's just a matter of executing a first move. I think I'm going to wait this one out a bit more before I throw the towel in completely. To be continued... :)

No comments: