Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Q&A

I had 5 comments on my Don't Be Shy blog. I'm still very curious about the other peeps that visit/creep my blog... hint hint hint. I had 2 questions from followers so I thought I would take time to answer those questions along with some other random questions I found online. Hopefully you find my answers interesting and perhaps learn a little bit more about ME.

What is the one thing that you love the most about yourself?
Even though I have my moments of "Poor Me," I consider myself to be very hopeful. I never give up on anything that is important to me and I wont quit until I find what I am looking for.

If you were to change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
I wish I didn't dwell so much on things that I can't change. I look back a lot, when I should be looking forward.

What do you appreciate most about your life?
Family & Friends. At the end of the day all that matters is that you loved and are loved.

What do you like to do in your spare time/on weekends?
I work part time and also pet sit. When I’m not busy with those 2 things I typically spend my free time with friends and family. In the summer I enjoy any and everything to do with being outside. Walks around the lakes, a nice patio with a glass of wine and good company, a weekend at my family’s lake place. Winter… I hibernate. Lots of movies, reruns of Friends, Office, SATC.

What’s your favorite color?
That’s tough… It really depends on the season and my mood. My décor at home is very traditional. Bold colors for the living room/kitchen while my bedroom is very Shabby Chic/Countryish. No real favorite color. I appreciate all colors in the rainbow. But… if I had to choose my favorite current color it would have to be Grey and Yellow together.

When you were little, what did you want to be when you grew up?
A flight attendant.


What do I do for work?
I work for Target Corporation. I’ve been there for 7 ½ years. My first REAL grown up job. Right now I am the Director Assistant for Technical Product Design and Development. I help manage a team of approximately 150 people. It has it’s good days and it’s bad. I’m thankful I have a job that helps me provide for myself.

I also work part time for the City of Robbinsdale in their Parks and Recreation dept. I’ve been with them for 15 years!!!!! It was my FIRST job, ever and they just can’t seem to get rid of me. It’s fun, don’t have to think work, and the extra money is nice too.

I do pet sitting on the side. I started this about 5 years ago and my mini business has grown ten fold. All of my clients are word of mouth. I’ve seriously thought about quitting my job and doing it full time or taking a huge leap of faith and starting my own business. Haven’t quite figured out the whole business aspect of it all. Sigh… dream big, right?

If you were to win $10 million, what would you do with all that money?
I would give half of it away to family, friends, churches, charities, and animals. ¼ of the other half would be spent on traveling the world. I would be on vacation for at least 2 years. The last ¼ of the half would be spent on building my dream homes… that’s right, I said homes. One here in MN, one in some tropical location where I could vacation regularly.




What is your favorite meal?


El Loro Chicken Fajita, Chips and white salsa. I am drooling right now just thinking about it. Yum


If you were to get an opportunity to live anywhere in the world, which part of the world would you choose?
Hawaii or any other tropical location. I’m a much happier Jess in a warmer climate. I could get use to paradise everyday. It would never get old. Trust me.

Best advice you’ve received?
Never be sorry for how you feel.

Best advice you can give?
Don't ever, ever, ever give up. Ever.

Most private thing you are willing to reveal?

I have an irrational fear of balloons. I know, it's crazy but they seriously freak me out.



If you have 3 SELFISH wishes and they would come true no matter what, what would you wish for?


1. Financial Stability. Aka... not having to live check to check.


2. Being at my "Perfect" weight and all of the benefits that come along with looking and feeling good.


3. The ability to travel the world.


What is your biggest dream?
This shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. I want more than anything to find the RIGHT guy, fall in love, be married, have a family and live OUR version of happily ever after. I am fully aware that marriage and kids aren’t all rainbows and butterflies but I have never wanted anything more in my life than those things. I’ll never give up on that dream. And when that dream becomes reality… I’ll still blog about Life, Life and my continued pursuits of happiness.

No comments: